Our nurses work collaboratively with family physicians and other members of their Patient Care Teams to create comprehensive care plans for patients. Nurses provide education, resources, community and PCN referrals, as well as motivational interviewing to help increase the overall health and well-being of patients.
The nurses at the CWC PCN work within physician member clinics and some work at the CWC Primary Care Centre for centrally referred services.
The nurse working at Westside Medical is Margot Bergevin – B.Sc., B.SC. Nursing, RN CWC Primary Care Centre
Nurses work closely with patients, spending time consulting with them on various health topics such as:
- Chronic disease management and education
- Support and promotion of healthy lifestyle behaviours and disease prevention
- Obesity education and lifestyle modifications
Some of our nurses also provide:
- Seniors services including assessment and support
- Smoking cessation, including medication options and coping strategies
- Diabetes education, monitoring and insulin counselling
- Blood pressure testing, monitoring and education
- Respiratory management including screening for sleep apnea, referrals to pulmonary rehabilitation programs and asthma/COPD treatment plans
- Prenatal care including a review of lifestyle issues and screening options.