Appointments for minor surgical consultations and procedures are made by referral from your Family doctor and take place on the following clinic floors:
First floor on the Lasermedica side of the clinic for Dr Zoe Filyk
There are no restrictions as to what you can eat or drink the night before, or on the day of your minor surgery. The procedures are done under local anesthesia; this means that you will be able to drive home afterwards, in most cases.
Skin Preparation: Please do not use hair spray, or mosturizer. Child Care: Please do not bring children to the clinic the day of your surgical procedure.
Procedures are usually 30-60 minutes, and up to 90 minutes maximum depending on the condition being treated.
All procedures need a 2 -4 weeks follow up appointment to review the pathology results. These Appointments could be virtual over the telephone or in person with the nurse if there is a requirement to remove stitches or wound management.
- Skin tags/Skin Biopsy
- Incision and drainage of superficial abscesses
- Excision of skin and subcutaneous lesions (e.g. sebaceous cysts, lipomas, fatty tumours, ganglion cysts, scar excisions)
- Pilonidal cyst and sinus excision
- Mole removal
- Benign skin naevi
- Pre-cancerous and cancerous skin lesions
- Laceration and Incision Repair of Skin & Soft Tissue
- Joint injections
- Trigger point injections
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Squamous cell Carcinoma
REGISTERED PATIENTS LOG IN TO CONTACT US